Family Ties in a Business Cannot Shield or Protect Against Tax Fraud ChargesJune 2, 2017
The Tragic Path from a U.S. Representative to a Convicted Tax FelonJune 12, 2017
If you’re worried about a potentially high-stakes tax situation, you’re facing some stressful decisions. Clear information can help you know when to call a tax attorney; getting that information may mean that the decision to call can be one thing you don’t need to worry about. Here are a few of many reasons to call The Tax Law Offices of David W. Klasing.
- You realize you have cheated on your tax filings and are facing an IRS audit and the exposure and consequences that may come with it.
- You have been approached by a Criminal Investigation Agent from the IRS who wants to question you about your tax filings.
- You are in divorce court and your soon to be ex-spouse accuses you of tax fraud.
- You’ve been engaging in some shady “shortcuts” in your tax filings, and now you’re facing an audit.
- You are being interviewed by the IRS or EDD about payroll taxes or a possible employment tax fraud investigation.
- You’re the subject of a whistleblower tax fraud claim, regardless of who blew the whistle.
- You received a summons to appear in front of a taxing authority.
- Someone has subpoenaed your bank records, or you find out that the IRS is interviewing people about you.
- You have not filed your taxes for an extended period, especially if you have been approached by taxing authorities after not filing for a while.
- You have offshore money that you didn’t report that is about to be reported by someone else; for example, a foreign bank holding your money alerts you that they are about to release information on your foreign account or investments to the IRS.
- You find out that you are about to be unfairly penalized because of a tax audit.
- You are deeply in debt to the taxing authorities and your bank account or wages are being garnished.
- The taxing authorities are challenging your status as a real estate professional.
- Your tax shelter was declared illegal.
- You just can’t pay what you owe in taxes, no matter what you do, and you need help.
Fortunately, these are all situations that our tax attorneys can advise you on. From damage control on the one hand to aggressive action on the other, we can help minimize your stress by ensuring that you are taking all the right steps to protect yourself, your business, and your family.
Share this Image On Your Site