You may obtain a seller’s permit application, BOE-400-SPA, California Seller’s Permit Application for Individuals/Partnerships/Corporations/Organizations (Regular or Temporary), from, register electronically using eReg available through the BOE website, or by contacting the Taxpayer Information Section at 800-400-7115.

When you apply for your Seller’s Permit, you will need to have certain business information such as your business bank account details and your estimated income. In addition, you will need personal identification documents such as a valid driver’s license and your social security card. If you do not have these identification documents, some substitute documents are also accepted.