Featured Video Play Icon
Are all audits the same?
March 20, 2014
What if I don’t respond to a taxing authority audit notice
March 20, 2014
Show all

What should I do if the IRS is investigating me?

If you suspect that you are under criminal investigation by a taxing authority, do not speak freely with any representative of the taxing authority without first securing legal advice. Misreported or misinterpreted information, gleaned during a civil audit, can be offered as evidence in a subsequent criminal prosecution. A criminal investigation may begin with or without notice to the taxpayer or their knowledge.

Contact my office to schedule your reduced rate initial consultation to learn how I can assist with your individual tax law concerns.