Call Now (800) 681-1295

Do I Need a Tax Attorney rather than a CPA, EA or CTEC certified Preparer?

Table of Contents

    There are many reasons a person or business might need a tax attorney instead of a CPA, EA or CTEC certified preparer—even if they’ve been following the law and don’t think they’ve got a legal problem. Ask yourself these questions to find out if you’re one of them:

    • Do you need ACP?  (Attorney Client Privilege)
    • Do you have a conflict of interest with your preparer?
    • Are large dollar amounts at stake?
    • Do you have exposure to being accused of a tax crime?
    • Do you want advanced tax planning combined with entity selection?
    • Do you need estate planning?
    • Has your representative failed to settle your case?
    • Do you owe crushing amounts of tax debt?
    • Does your situation seem too sophisticated for your present tax person?
    • Do you feel like the law and facts are on your side, but the taxing authority is simply being unreasonable?
    • Do you think your preparer committed malpractice?
    • Are you going through, a high net worth divorce, business acquisition or sale, or considering asset protection?
    • Do you think your preparer has been too aggressive in the past?
    • Are your books such a mess that a taxing authority is disallowing all of your expenses?

    These are all reasons to hire a tax attorney—the kind of tax professional who can resolve these issues most effectively. Reach out to The Tax Law Offices of David W. Klasing today for the advanced advocacy a tax attorney can bring to the table.

    Share this Image On Your Site

    Tax Help Videos

    Representing Clients from U.S. and International Locations Regarding Federal and California Tax Issues

    Main Office

    Orange County
    2601 Main St. Penthouse Suite
    Irvine, CA 92614
    (949) 681-3502

    Our headquarters is located in Irvine, CA. Our beautiful 19,700 office space is staffed full-time and always available for our clients to meet with our highly qualified and experienced staff of Attorneys, Certified Public Accountants and Enrolled Agents. We also offer virtual consultations and can travel to meet with clients in one of our satellite offices.

    Outside of our 4 hour initial consultation option, we do not charge travel time or travel expenses when traveling to one of our Satellite offices, or surrounding business districts, where it is necessary to meet personally with taxing authority personnel, make court appearances, or any in person meeting deemed necessary for the effective representation of a client. To make this as flexible, efficient, and convenient as possible, David W. Klasing is an Instrument Rated Private Pilot and Utilizes the Firms Cirrus SR22 to service client’s in California and in the Southwest by air. Offices outside these areas are serviced via commercial jet airlines. None of these costs are charged to our clients.

    Satellite Offices

    (310) 492-5583
    (760) 338-7035
    (916) 290-6625
    (415) 287-6568
    (909) 991-7557
    (619) 780-2538
    (661) 432-1480
    (818) 935-6098
    (805) 200-4053
    (510) 764-1020
    (408) 643-0573
    (760) 338-7035
    (602) 975-0296
    New Mexico
    (505) 206-5308
    New York
    (332) 224-8515
    (512) 828-6646
    Washington, DC
    (202) 918-9329
    (702) 997-6465
    (786) 999-8406
    (385) 501-5934