Business Entity Selection
California Business Attorney
Tax Implications of a Business Entity SelectionThe various types of business entities also have correlating tax implications. By speaking with you and learning about your goals for your business, I can recommend a type of entity that is best in line with your goals and needs. I can also advise you of how the taxation issues apply to that type of entity selection made and what those taxes mean for your business.
Need help or have a Business Tax Question? Contact us!
Questions and Answers about Entity Selection
- What are the Basics of California Entity Selection Tax Attorney?
- Partnerships: What is the Difference Between General, Limited, or LLP?
- What is a Corporation?
- What is a Limited Liability Company (LLC)?
- What Happens When there are Multiple Entities?
- Business Entity Comparisons
- What are the Tax Implications for Each Entity?
- What are the Advantages & Disadvantages of Each Type of Entity
- What is the Most Popular Form of Business Entity Today?
- Is it Better to Form an LLC or an S Corporation?
- Checklist for Creating a Business Entity
- Can an Attorney Represent Multiple Parties with Conflicting Interests?
- Must an Attorney Disclose Attorney-Client Communications when there are Multiple Clients?
- Attorney-Client Conflicts
Helping Business Select the Proper Type of EntityThere are a wide variety of business organizations from which to choose when starting a business or reorganizing an existing business. I handle the selection and business formation of:
- Family limited partnerships
- Limited partnerships
- Sole proprietorships
- Limited liability companies (LLC)
- Limited liability partnerships (LLP)
- Nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations
Protection of Your Personal AssetsThe other major consideration in choosing the proper entity selection for your business or investment activity is how best to protect your personal assets. Conducting business or investing through the proper entity can effectively place a firewall between your business or investment assets and your personal assets.
Should you be sued over your business or investing activity it is possible to structure your affairs in such a way as to merely place your business or investment assets at risk rather than exposing your personal assets such as your primary residence to the litigation risk of your business or investing activity. My experience and education enable me to choose the proper blend of tax and liability protection attributes of a chosen entity to best fit the business or investing activity you are contemplating or currently conducting.
Structuring Your Business Support TeamEvery business person should have at least two professionals on the team who can look out for the best interests of the business: a great lawyer and experienced CPA. The benefit of enlisting me as a member of your business team is that I am both. My extensive experience as a CPA, coupled with my knowledge as a tax and business attorney, can provide support for your business as it moves into the future.
Contact Our Experienced Business Formation TeamWith more than 20 years of experience handling business entity selection, tax matters as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), and a wealth of experience as a business lawyer, I am able to tailor the services I provide to suit the needs of each and every business I represent. I strive to create lasting relationships with businesses, acting as outside in-house counsel when needed on day-to-day legal business matters.
This is my law firm and my business. As the owner, I can understand the unique issues that business owners are facing.