San Bernardino Business Tax Lawyer
Careful tax planning is essential for any business owner. It does not matter how the entity is structured, where the business is headquartered, how many people the company employs, how much revenue it generates, or how long it has been operational – regardless of these and other factors, all businesses must comply with the notoriously complicated Internal Revenue Code (IRC), which is rife with legal and financial pitfalls for the unwary. Professional tax planning and accounting can ensure that your business meets all of its local, state, and federal tax obligations properly, while simultaneously uncovering credits, deductions, exemptions, and other tax incentives that can help your business grow and thrive.
If you own or operate a company in San Bernardino, outside of California, or even outside of the United States, it is imperative that you consult with a knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced business tax attorney to ensure that you are fulfilling your legal duties while taking advantage of the Tax Code. Equipped with more than 20 years of experience assisting small, mid-size, and large businesses with all aspects of state, federal, and international tax planning and compliance, the award-winning tax professionals at the Tax Law Office of David W. Klasing are ready to provide comprehensive guidance, aggressive representation, and an unparalleled level of customer service. If you need advice or assistance concerning employment or business taxes, look to our tax firm for help you can trust.
Tax Help for Corporations, LLCs, Partnerships, Sole Proprietorships, and Non-Profit Organizations
The Tax Law Offices of David W. Klasing is a full-service tax and accounting firm that provides a wide array of tax-related legal and financial services to all types of business entities, ranging from local family-owned businesses here in San Bernardino to multinational corporations that are recognized around the globe. If you own or operate any type of corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship, limited liability company (LLC), or non-profit organization, our insightful CPAs and tax lawyers for businesses are standing by to provide the support you require to resolve your tax issue.
From defending employers who have been charged with felony tax fraud, to helping business owners take advantage of changes to the law under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), to educating new entrepreneurs on the drawbacks and advantages of pass-through entities versus those which are subject to double-taxation, our team is ready to approach any tax matter effectively and efficiently. Business tax services we provide in and beyond San Bernardino include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Audit representation for businesses
- Business entity selection
- Choosing a business entity (C-corporation, general partnership, limited liability company, limited partnership, S-corporation, sole proprietorship)
- Creating your business entity
- Business succession planning
- Business tax planning
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Financial and tax due diligence
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Tax credits, exemptions, and deductions for businesses
- Business transactions
- Business dissolutions
- Business purchases
- Business sales
- Criminal tax defense for businesses
- Income, employment, and payroll tax guidance for business owners
- Amending tax returns
- Delinquent/unfiled tax returns ("back taxes")
- Failure to file taxes
- Failure to pay taxes
- Filing tax returns
Employer Responsibilities for Payroll, Employment, and Income Tax
Employment, income, and payroll taxes are among the most critical areas of tax law for employers in San Bernardino. Accidental errors or omissions may lead to civil penalties, while criminal penalties can result from intentionally providing misinformation to, or concealing information from, state or federal tax authorities like the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or California Franchise Tax Board (FTB).
Our San Bernardino business tax professionals can help you navigate your responsibilities with regard to withholding, matching, depositing, and filing taxes, while working to ensure that you maintain adequate records of business transactions to comply with IRS requirements. Our team can educate you on, and help you properly fulfill, your duties regarding:
- California Payroll Taxes – Requirements vary by tax. Examples include Employment Training (ETT) and the California Personal Income Tax (PIT).
- Federal Income Taxes – Must be withheld and deposited.
- Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA) – Must be paid. Must not be withheld from employee compensation.
- Medicare Taxes – Must be withheld, deposited, and matched.
- Additional Medicare Tax – Must be withheld and deposited for employees whose wages surpass a certain threshold.
- Self-Employment (SE) Tax – Must be paid by self-employed taxpayers, such as sole proprietors.
- Social Security Taxes – Must be withheld, deposited, and matched.
San Bernardino, CA Business Tax Attorneys Serving U.S. and Foreign Companies
In all areas of business tax law, our mission at the Tax Law Offices of David W. Klasing is threefold:
- To mitigate potential penalties related to willful or non-willful violations of the U.S. Tax Code or California Revenue and Taxation Code.
- To minimize your personal and business tax liabilities to the greatest extent possible.
- To maximize your savings by using the Tax Code strategically.
Through thoughtful, goal-oriented tax planning marked by careful attention to detail, our objective is to improve liquidity, increase cashflow, and ultimately, help you and your business achieve greater financial health. If you require assistance with any component of employment taxes, payroll taxes, income taxes, tax audits, investigation or prosecution for alleged tax crimes, the tax treatment of pension plans, tax requirements for foreign companies, a dispute with the IRS or FTB, selling or purchasing a business, passing your business down to your loved ones, the tax consequences of various entity selections, or other tax issues that impact your company, we invite you to contact us online for a reduced-rate consultation, or to call our law offices at 909-991-7557 or (800) 681-1295 today.